Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Time to repeal the Second Amendment...?

Posted by Ponderer 
Re: Time to repeal the Second Amendment...?
October 03, 2017 10:26PM
The Second Amendment is about REVOLUTION - not hunting!

[thefederalist.com]
October 03, 2017 10:35PM
And nowhere, in any definition of the word "Revolution" are firearms a required factor. Revolutions toppling entire regimes have taken place without a reliance on guns. Voting can be done as a form of revolution.

It's just that since guns are the only tool in right wingers' tool boxes, they think that everything they approach has to involve guns.

October 03, 2017 10:39PM
"what did that japanese general say about invading america?" -txcup

Oh. Well... what happened to our military...? Our military would simply sit out an invasion and let all the civilians handle it? So we don't need military? Cliven Bundy and his friends would have our backs...?

October 03, 2017 11:02PM
The irrational fear of guns by liberals is more proof that liberalism is a mental disorder.
October 04, 2017 12:44AM
Under federal and Nevada s
State law, it is legal to buy, sell, and possess a fully automatic weapon (aka machine gun) manufactured prior to May 19, 1986, when the ban went into effect.

Thought it might be worth mentioning with all the claims that they are illegal.
October 04, 2017 01:51AM
Ponderer
And nowhere, in any definition of the word "Revolution" are firearms a required factor. Revolutions toppling entire regimes have taken place without a reliance on guns. Voting can be done as a form of revolution.

It's just that since guns are the only tool in right wingers' tool boxes, they think that everything they approach has to involve guns.

So, the Americans fighting the Brits circa 1780 did not need guns.

Interesting.

Interesting, that is, how you are breathing since your brain is obviously not functioning.
October 04, 2017 01:57AM
It's definitely an irrational fear of guns but wholly rational to fear a psychopath with an automatic weapon.
October 04, 2017 02:31AM
You can't even get a real job, Tuk and Larry lives in his mom's basement when she's not turning him in to the local priest for masturbating to Trumputin photos again.
October 04, 2017 02:34AM
Indy received Obamacare subsidies wants the government to pay for everything for him typical freedom hating libtard with a shitty job
October 04, 2017 02:36AM
You make $35K a year ripping off old ladies, Tuk. You're one very small step above that piece of sh!t Larry.
October 04, 2017 02:41AM
"So, the Americans fighting the Brits circa 1780 did not need guns." -MiraBooHoo

Of course they needed guns. Why on Earth would you think that they didn't? I would never even suggest that they didn't need them. Why are you suggesting it?

October 04, 2017 02:46AM
Oh wait. I get it. Because I said that not all revolutions require guns, you thought that by bringing up one where guns were needed, you would somehow, by some stretch of your addled brain, be contradicting my point. I get it. That's really really lame and stupid, but I get it.

October 04, 2017 02:56AM
Please Indy enlighten us how 1099 income equates to 35,000 per year? It's called non employee compensation you really are that dumb
October 04, 2017 02:57AM
Like all gun owners, he can't ban guns because he's got a tiny dick. Larry told me.
October 04, 2017 02:58AM
The Supreme Court has ruled that the government has no duty to protect you. [www.nytimes.com] You have no right to sue the police for failing to protect you, even if they negligently allow your children to be murdered. You have no legal right to expect the police to come when you call.

I don't disagree with the ruling. Police departments could easily become bogged down and ruined with litigation and settlements. They have enough problems as it is.

That is why the Second Amendment is necessary.
October 04, 2017 02:59AM
Really bad arguments Pondy step your game up
October 04, 2017 03:06AM
"Really bad arguments Pondy step your game up" -tuk

You have so far in no way been able to counter any of them... so what makes them "really bad" in your estimation?

October 04, 2017 03:18AM
Lol then you're selective reading seriously bad
October 04, 2017 03:21AM
How have you countered a single point I've made anywhere in this thread, tuk??

October 04, 2017 03:26AM
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Actually read the links provided
October 04, 2017 03:38AM
So your argument against repealing or amending the Second Amendment on the grounds that we don't need it is... we have a right to bear arms.

I wish you'd master the English language enough to be able to actually speak for yourself for once, tuk. Try saying what you actually want to say instead of posting non sequitur links that in no way answer questions or make points. For once.

Say what it is you mean to say and don't throw up smokescreens.

October 04, 2017 03:58AM
Ponderer
So your argument against repealing or amending the Second Amendment on the grounds that we don't need it is... we have a right to bear arms.

I wish you'd master the English language enough to be able to actually speak for yourself for once, tuk. Try saying what you actually want to say instead of posting non sequitur links that in no way answer questions or make points. For once.

Say what it is you mean to say and don't throw up smokescreens.

What weapons does the Second Amendment exclude?

That's a simple enough question that even liberals should be able to answer.
October 04, 2017 04:28AM
"What weapons does the Second Amendment exclude?" -MiraBooHoo

Utterly none.

And your take on the meaning of that would, once such technology exists, lead to people claiming the right to own one of them nifty little nukes that fits in a backpack for easy bearing.

October 04, 2017 04:32AM
The funny thing about you, Tuk is you're so ignorant when it comes to business you don't even know HOW you revealed your income to me. It has nothing to do with 1099s - stop pulling stuff out of Larry's rectum.

===============================================================

This just in... Larry banned from Roy Moore's Victory Party...

October 04, 2017 04:45AM
Indy, I'm in the top 5%. I KNOW you're wrong and dumb

We know you received Obamacare subsidies cause you told us you did
October 04, 2017 04:50AM
I did receive Obama subsidies - you can stop searching for that post. But - being cash stupid like you are - you think that tells you something about what I make when all it says is I have a smart accountant.

Oh sorry - let me clarify - an accountant is a guy who takes care of money for people who have some. IOW - not you.

===============================================================

This just in... Larry banned from Roy Moore's Victory Party...

October 04, 2017 04:56AM
Your argument is nonsense. You base it on a hypothetical world where guns are not necessary because you can envision a world that is both free and gun free. Great. I can conceive of that world too. However, we live in the real world where owning a firearm to protect Ones life liberty and property is entirely reasonable.

I don't own guns and don't particularly like them either. I think it would be great to live in a gun free world, but that's not possible is it? A gun free world is a world without violence. If you really wanted to reduce gun related violence promote education and wealth creation. Create a war against poverty I'd join you.
October 04, 2017 03:33PM
"Your argument is nonsense. You base it on a hypothetical world where guns are not necessary because you can envision a world that is both free and gun free." -tuk

I swear. If you ever actually presented a case for your own argument instead of misrepresenting and idiotically lying about what my position is because you don't have a case to make, I'd faint dead away.

You got nothing, tuk. You say my arguments are nonsense but you can't even begin to explain how that's the case without lying about what my arguments even are. Dear god why do I even waste my time with you.

October 04, 2017 06:21PM
nitou
The Supreme Court has ruled that the government has no duty to protect you. [www.nytimes.com] You have no right to sue the police for failing to protect you, even if they negligently allow your children to be murdered. You have no legal right to expect the police to come when you call.

I don't disagree with the ruling. Police departments could easily become bogged down and ruined with litigation and settlements. They have enough problems as it is.

That is why the Second Amendment is necessary.

So, all those countries that do not have the curse of the 2nd. Amendment, need it? How do you think they manage to maintain an ordered society?
October 04, 2017 06:27PM
You asked why we need the 2nd amendment and I said for protection. Then you wrote...

A successful and free citizenry without guns is perfectly possible. Guns are not a necessity in a free society. They can only be a hindrance to it.

If you're not talking about something hypothetical just what in the hell are you talking about?
October 04, 2017 08:21PM
How is something that has been tried and proved to be effective in every other First World and some Second and Third countries, too, hypothetical?

It is hypothesis before it is put to the test.
October 04, 2017 08:34PM
Ponderer
I mean, since there has been a vast, institutional misreading of what it means and was actually intended for and is now just being used as an excuse to sell guns to documented mentally ill people and other psychotic situations that have the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves, isn't it about time to revisit repealing or at least greatly amending that amendment?

How about repealing rights to idiots who want to infringe on others?

If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain unchanged?
If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain the same?

October 04, 2017 08:39PM
The facts are:

-gun cotrol never makes a place safer

-places with guns are safer

-criminals are criminal, so they will have weapons anyway

-just cause you want pussy police (who respond not protect) to help you
doesn't mean others want to live that way

-just cause you'r afraid of guns doesn't mean others are

-just cause you never learnt how to handle a gun, doesn't mean others don't

-all crazed shooters are either islamists or have extreme mental problems

*for on the days of mass shootings that extreme liberalz cry about many more
people were "packing," but they didn't go balistic.

Try doing research, OK! the finger smiley
October 04, 2017 09:14PM
angel.us
The facts are:

-gun cotrol never makes a place safer

-places with guns are safer

-criminals are criminal, so they will have weapons anyway

-just cause you want pussy police (who respond not protect) to help you
doesn't mean others want to live that way

-just cause you'r afraid of guns doesn't mean others are

-just cause you never learnt how to handle a gun, doesn't mean others don't

-all crazed shooters are either islamists or have extreme mental problems

*for on the days of mass shootings that extreme liberalz cry about many more
people were "packing," but they didn't go balistic.

Try doing research, OK! the finger smiley

God! You are an idiot. What makes you think you can debate with the adults here? There is not an intelligent line in that post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 09:15PM by meagain.
October 04, 2017 09:17PM
meagain
God! You are an idiot. What makes you think you can debate with the adults here? There is not an intelligent line in that post.

Wow, I think the same exact words when I read your dribble.

Now, man with a female name, go do some research about anything that counters what
I say, & do post a link for me. the finger smiley
October 04, 2017 09:18PM
Angel should stick to dogs and other subjects no one cares about.
October 04, 2017 09:19PM
I will stick to whatever topic I like.

You should stick to Nascar & Raider of the Lost ARC.
October 05, 2017 02:27AM
meagain
So, all those countries that do not have the curse of the 2nd. Amendment, need it? How do you think they manage to maintain an ordered society?

Self-defense is a basic human right. If you use a weapon to defend your family, home or neighbors, that is a human right. If the citizens of other countries wish to nullify that right for themselves, that is their business. But Switzerland is almost as heavily armed as the US. Open-carry is not uncommon and children learn to shoot at age twelve. Yet the Swiss do not have the problems with gun violence that the US has.
October 05, 2017 02:52AM
[archive.is]

Good article by a lib
October 05, 2017 05:07AM
thumbs up

"...I found the most hope in more narrowly tailored interventions. Potential suicide victims, women menaced by their abusive partners and kids swept up in street vendettas are all in danger from guns, but they each require different protections."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!